Our client, GymWisely, offers a unique service for anyone looking for a new kind of gym experience by letting its members mix and match from a list of varied gym and training venues. When we first stared out working with GymWisely, they had reached out to us because they needed a bit of help with developing a social media strategy as well as their content. Since they were getting less than optimal results, they also suspected that their landing page might need some work and were interested in having us help redesign it.
It became apparent early on that we had our work cut out for us.
First and foremost, we found there was a general lack of cohesion when it came to the brand itself, and decided that this called for a complete rebranding.
Then there was the fact that no prior customer research had been done throughout the brand’s history, which meant that we needed to build a brand new online marketing strategy from the ground up. Not a small order by any means, but that’s what excited us most to get started! So we got to work in planning our approach to achieve maximum engagement and return for our clients through minimal investment. .
There was obviously no shortage of work to be done. So we decided to break down the momentous task and opted for, what’s called, a sprint-based approach. What this basically means is that we used each new week to test an individual aspect of our marketing. By doing so, we were able to isolate, test and select the best performing elements that make up our final strategy. This is what our plan looked like week-by-week:
Week one was dedicated to targeting
Week two was developing and testing copy
Week three was all about the creative
Week four was dedicated to updating and optimizing the landing page
As you can see, we began with the audience because it is the most important factor in determining the rest of the strategy. Everything else was going to be based around the selected audience. Also, in order to test any of the other elements, we first needed to ensure that the product had an interested audience we could engage with.
We used multiple metrics to analyze and better understand which market was best fit for the client’s product. So we started by analyzing each step within the funneling process that takes a cold audience all the way through to the product purchase. This includes, engagement rates, number of “add to carts” on the website, number of total clicks and purchases. Then we focused on things like the purchase conversion value and ROAS to hone in on the warmest possible audience demographic. This type of analysis gave us a valuable insight into the behaviors, interests and preferences of our optimal audience.
Each following week we rolled out testing for various new advertising strategies in order to narrow it down to the most effective one. We tested different aspect of organic and paid media content to cater specifically to each audience demographic. For our analysis, we used and evaluated metrics such as:
Unique Link Clicks
By experimenting and analyzing these metrics, we were able to accurately gauge how each variance in our copy and ad creative and copy impacted each specific audience of interest.
We started with experimenting with copy, since we knew this would have the biggest impact on our client’s CPC rate. To do this, we first had to refine the brand’s messaging, which also helped us define which creative we would work with. We created a whopping 200 unique versions of the creative to test on our audience. Out of these, we steadily refined and finally selected the one that proved to have the best results.
For example, we found that certain customers engaged most with user-generated content, while others were more drawn to high-quality images and photos. By embracing the unique characteristics and interests of our target audiences, and creating ads accordingly, we wanted to tap into a wider market while increasing ROAS. By connecting to each demographic in a meaningful way, we were able to set GymWisely up for continued growth and success.
Putting It All Together.
After we had tested each individual component of our advertising strategy, it was time to bring them all together. We knew that each elements was proven successful on its own, but the most important part was making sure they all work in congruence to effectively reach and inspire the designated audience.
This is why we spent the final week by testing and making sure that our copy, creative and landing page were all working together to reach and funnel the right audience from introduction all the way through the purchasing process. When all the winning elements came together, we knew we had reached our goal.
(Please contact us for more information & specifics.)